Archive | Home RSS feed for this section

Public Hearing for Parks and Recreation Plan, February 13th @ 7pm

Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the Village of Edmore Council on Monday, February 13, 2017 at 7:00pm at the Village Office, Curtis Community Building located at 209 S. Sheldon Street, Edmore, MI 48829. The public hearing is being held to receive comments and consider the adoption of the Village of Edmore Parks and Recreation Plan 2017-2021.
A Parks and Recreation Plan will assist the Village in identifying recreation needs within the community. The plan will serve as a guide to document priorities for improvements. While a Parks and Recreation Plan assists the community in determining goals and needs, if approved by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) it also qualifies the community for recreation grants which are administered through the MDNR Grants Administration Section.
The hearing is intended to provide an opportunity for interested citizens and stakeholders to express their opinion regarding all aspects of the proposed Parks and Recreation Plan.
Copies of the draft Village of Edmore Parks and Recreation Plan 2017-2021 are available for public review at the Village Offices, located at 209 S. Sheldon Street, Edmore Michigan 48829, Home Township Library located at 329 E. Main Street, Edmore, MI 48829 and at the village website

Comments are closed

Planning Commission Parks and Recreation Workshop, January 30

The Village of Edmore Planning Commission will be hosting a Planning Workshop on January 30 at 6:00pm to gather public input for its Parks and Recreation Plan. The 30 day public input period is currently underway and the process will end February 13th with the adoption of the plan by village council. Copies of the draft plan are available at the Edmore Village Offices and at the Home Township Library. For an online copy click Edmore draft recreation plan 2016. Residents and stakeholders in the Village of Edmore are encouraged to attend. For more information please call the village offices.

Comments are closed

The Village of Edmore Is Requesting Proposals For Solid Waste Collection & Disposal

The Village of Edmore is soliciting proposals to provide for the collection and disposal of residential and solid waste and recyclable commodities. RFPs must be received not later than 2:00 p.m., February 9, 2017. RFPs submitted after that date and time will not be considered. The Village reserves the right to reject any or all RFPs and to award a contract based upon the best value for the Village. This is a RFP, not a competitive bid process. More information is available at or here. Copies of the RFP can be requested by contacting the village offices at 989.427.5641. Proposals shall be sealed, clearly marked, and delivered to:
Village of Edmore
209 S. Sheldon St.
PO Box 170
Edmore, MI 48829

Comments are closed

Parks and Recreation Workshop Cancelled

The Edmore Planning Commission Parks and Recreation Plan Workshop scheduled for January 17th has been cancelled due to inclement weather and possible freezing rain this evening. The planning commission will try to reschedule a workshop for another date. If you have any questions please feel free to call the Edmore Village Office 427-5641.

Comments are closed

Village Offices Closed Monday, January 16

The Edmore Village office will be closed Monday, January 16, 2017 in observation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The Village Office will reopen Tuesday, January 17 at 9:00 am. As always the dropbox at the Curtis Community Building will be available for payments. If you have a water emergencies or critical situation that requires the Edmore Department of Public Works please call the Montcalm County Central Dispatch at 989-831-5253 and ask that the Edmore on-call DPW employee to be paged.

Comments are closed
In accordance with Federal law and US Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex and familial status. “Hearing or speech impaired services available by dialing 711”. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs). To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-5694 (TDD).