A permit is a license to legally start construction of a project at a commercial or residential property. Permits ensure code compliance and that your property is protected and  its value is maintained. It also provides communication for understanding the codes and laws of the community. Permits ensure that minimum standards are met and the proper materials are used. Please select the permit you require and fill out the necessary part. Save and print the application/permit. You can either mail or drop it off at the village office with payment. If you email it to the village office/zoning administrator the application/permit will be completed when fees are paid. Permits are strictly for zoning purposes and are not building permits. Building permits can be obtained through the Montcalm County Building Department 

Zoning Map of Edmore
Each zoned area in the Village of Edmore will adhere to different standards and require different criteria for zoning permits to be issued. The zoning map will identify properties and what they are zoned within the village.
Edmore Zoning Map FV
Zoning Ordinance No 233

For construction of residential and commercial buildings, decks, sheds, fences, signs and accessory buildings where a variance is not needed a zoning permit is required.  Zoning Permit

New construction of residential and commercial buildings, deck, sheds, above and below ground pools, new roof systems, must have a county building permit. Click here for the entire list. Responsbilities for property owner to a pull a county building permit.

For construction of residential and commercial buildings, decks, sheds, fences, signs and accessory buildings where a variance (a change in zoning for that particular building or property) is needed you must be first be granted a variance by the Zoning Board of Appeals. If you have also have any question on a variance you can request the Zoning Board of Appeals to offer an interpretation. Request-to-ZBA-2014
For a list of sign requirements please examine the sign ordinance

For a mobile home that will installed on a lot within the village and meets all zoning requirement a supplemental permit must be included. Zoning-Permit-Supplement-MHDW

If  wish to divide a parcel of land you must first contact the village and complete and land division application. A survey of the property will need to completed and is an additional cost. Land Division Application

In accordance with Federal law and US Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex and familial status. “Hearing or speech impaired services available by dialing 711”. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs). To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-5694 (TDD).